acib – Austrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology
Tips for a successful EU proposal
Arno Schoevaars from the Dutch company PN Consultants has more than 20 years of experience with EU-funded projects. With his 40-member team, he can point to a success rate of 40 to 60% for approved proposals; regardless of the call! Being guest of acib, he reveals some tips for a successful EU proposal.
Bodyguards for Precious Seeds
Naturally occurring, plant-associated bacteria as a crop protection agent are now available for use in crop protection to alleviate the contamination of soil with pesticides – arguably the most environmentally friendly way of plant protection that has been developed to date. These bacteria prevent infestations caused by fungal pathogens, promote plant growth, and increase plant […]
Groundbreaking Research Discussed
Bioprotection, biometallurgy, biocatalysis and much more – at the Science Days in South Styrian Bad Radkersburg 140 acib-researchers discussed the future of industrial biotechnology.
Tutoring for Nature: Production of Valuable Nootkatone with Yeast
New method allows production of expensive grapefruit aroma Nootkatone biotechnologically from cheap sugar using a “turbo-yeast”. The versatile, healthy and tasty substance is used in soft drinks, pharmaceutical products or even as an insect repellent.
- the preferred research partner in industrial biotechnology with 25+ years of experience in applied industrial science with 250+ highly qualified scientists developing 45+ industrial and strategic projects in 6 fields of expertise
- an international partnership of 130+ universities and leading companies
- the international centre of Austrian research activities in industrial biotechnology
acib stands for
- sophisticated research with significant public funding,
- new production processes & products with improved ecological efficiency,
- new production processes with higher economic efficiency,
- products with higher quality and purity,
- innovative functional products for everyday use and for the health care industry.
The international centre of competence acib combines the advantages of university dynamics and industrial focusing; acib speaks the languages of science and industry.