acib – Austrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology
Neptune award for acib researchers
No more micro plastic in aquatic systems: acib wins awards for a project around the degradation of polymers in rivers or lakes that will lead to new biodegradable plastics.
First Method for Continuous Purification of Valuable Antibodies
Scientists at acib and the University of Natural Resources Vienna develop world’s first continuous purification method for valuable drugs. This will lead to significantly reduced production costs and to cheaper pharmaceuticals that are affordable for non-privileged health care systems.
100.000 Euro for Enzymes from Horseradish
A team of researchers at acib and Graz University of Technology gets a 100,000 euro funding for the development of a biotechnological production process for horseradish peroxidases. These are indispensable not only for the diagnosis.
No. 1 in Bioprocessing
„Who are the most influential people in bioprocessing at the moment?“, asked terrapin, a world leader in business events. The winner is Prof. Alois Jungbauer, area head and key researcher at the Austrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology.
- the preferred research partner in industrial biotechnology with 25+ years of experience in applied industrial science with 250+ highly qualified scientists developing 45+ industrial and strategic projects in 6 fields of expertise
- an international partnership of 120+ universities and leading companies
- the international centre of Austrian research activities in industrial biotechnology
acib stands for
- sophisticated research with significant public funding,
- new production processes & products with improved ecological efficiency,
- new production processes with higher economic efficiency,
- products with higher quality and purity,
- innovative functional products for everyday use and for the health care industry.
The international centre of competence acib combines the advantages of university dynamics and industrial focusing; acib speaks the languages of science and industry.