acib – Austrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology
Bodyguards for Precious Seeds
Naturally occurring, plant-associated bacteria as a crop protection agent are now available for use in crop protection to alleviate the contamination of soil with pesticides – arguably the most environmentally friendly way of plant protection that has been developed to date. These bacteria prevent infestations caused by fungal pathogens, promote plant growth, and increase plant […]
Groundbreaking Research Discussed
Bioprotection, biometallurgy, biocatalysis and much more – at the Science Days in South Styrian Bad Radkersburg 140 acib-researchers discussed the future of industrial biotechnology.
Tutoring for Nature: Production of Valuable Nootkatone with Yeast
New method allows production of expensive grapefruit aroma Nootkatone biotechnologically from cheap sugar using a “turbo-yeast”. The versatile, healthy and tasty substance is used in soft drinks, pharmaceutical products or even as an insect repellent.
Neptune award for acib researchers
No more micro plastic in aquatic systems: acib wins awards for a project around the degradation of polymers in rivers or lakes that will lead to new biodegradable plastics.
- the preferred research partner in industrial biotechnology with 25+ years of experience in applied industrial science with 250+ highly qualified scientists developing 45+ industrial and strategic projects in 6 fields of expertise
- an international partnership of 130+ universities and leading companies
- the international centre of Austrian research activities in industrial biotechnology
acib stands for
- sophisticated research with significant public funding,
- new production processes & products with improved ecological efficiency,
- new production processes with higher economic efficiency,
- products with higher quality and purity,
- innovative functional products for everyday use and for the health care industry.
The international centre of competence acib combines the advantages of university dynamics and industrial focusing; acib speaks the languages of science and industry.
<type=”hidden” google-site-verification: google43e2da7a2cdd7fa5.html>