acib – Austrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology
Newly Discovered Metabolism Certifies Evolutionary Advantage for Yeast
Duplicate copies of genes safeguard survival of the biotech yeast Pichia pastoris in environments where only methanol is present as feed. A recently elucidated metabolism is similar to that used by plants for the utilization of carbon dioxide.
Biologischer Pflanzenschutz gewinnt Fast Forward Award 2015
Das acib gehört zu den Gewinnern des„Fast Forward Award 2015“, des offiziellen Wirtschaftspreises des Landes Steiermark. Ebenso unter den Gewinnern: Anti-Blendfolien für LED-Leuchten, ein optischer Lebensmittel-Kontrollor, energiesparendes Bierbrauen oder Sensoren, mit denen Smartphones und Tablets künftig berührungslos bedient werden können.
Tips for a successful EU proposal
Arno Schoevaars from the Dutch company PN Consultants has more than 20 years of experience with EU-funded projects. With his 40-member team, he can point to a success rate of 40 to 60% for approved proposals; regardless of the call! Being guest of acib, he reveals some tips for a successful EU proposal.
Bodyguards for Precious Seeds
Naturally occurring, plant-associated bacteria as a crop protection agent are now available for use in crop protection to alleviate the contamination of soil with pesticides – arguably the most environmentally friendly way of plant protection that has been developed to date. These bacteria prevent infestations caused by fungal pathogens, promote plant growth, and increase plant […]
- the preferred research partner in industrial biotechnology with 25+ years of experience in applied industrial science with 250+ highly qualified scientists developing 45+ industrial and strategic projects in 6 fields of expertise
- an international partnership of 130+ universities and leading companies
- the international centre of Austrian research activities in industrial biotechnology
acib stands for
- sophisticated research with significant public funding,
- new production processes & products with improved ecological efficiency,
- new production processes with higher economic efficiency,
- products with higher quality and purity,
- innovative functional products for everyday use and for the health care industry.
The international centre of competence acib combines the advantages of university dynamics and industrial focusing; acib speaks the languages of science and industry.